In order to give you more quality face-to-face time with your doctor we have invested in innovative technology called the Surgery Pod. This newly installed equipment is designed to give you greater control and flexibility over your health as well as allowing our nurses and doctors to utilise their expertise more efficiently
Patients over 18 registered at the Surgery
What does it do?
The pod is a secure computer system which has the capability to accurately record data for the following:
- Blood pressure checks
- Lifestyle questionnaires
Why should I use the Pod?
- It’s free to use
- No appointment required
- Can be used ad-hoc
- Regular monitoring at your convenience
- Greater self-monitoring
- If used before an appointment please come along 20 minutes earlier so you have time to use it
Does it record my information?
- It will accurately record key data and send it directly to your notes when you select the option 'add to my medical records’
- This means that when you start your face-to-face consultation the nurse or doctor will already have this key information recorded giving you more time to discuss your health.
Who will see my results?
- If you save the data it is recorded securely and accurately on your GP medical records
- Your GP will receive an alert of any 'abnormal' blood pressure readings that are saved
How often should I check my blood pressure using the Pod?
- Not more often than 3 monthly
- When you are advised by a member of staff
Can I still see a Doctor or Nurse for blood pressure issues?
- yes, if you are on regular blood pressure medication you will still be invited for your annual review, including blood tests
- It is not a replacement for your doctor or nurse but an addition to the practice.
How do I use the Pod?
- Using the Surgery Pod is very simple. You interact with a touchscreen computer which will guide you through the process. After you enter your name and date of birth you simply follow the step-by-step instructions.
- If you have any questions, a member of staff will be happy to help you.